25 January 2015

Artist sells skin tattoo space on Kickstarter

25 Jan 2015, Adelaide-  22 year-old Illma Gore says as a child, she always had an interest in art.
"The first lesson I learned, when I was three years old, is not to draw on walls, and now I do it for a living," she said.
Ms Gore, who grew up on the Gold Coast, is the daughter of well-known former Australian property developer, Mike Gore.
She now calls Los Angeles home, and said she decided to offer her body for tattoo space to explore her
artistic ambitions.
"I've never had so many people worry about my career before in my life all my friends are like, 'do it, you're going to do it anyway'," she said.
People can pay as little as $12 on the crowd-funding website, Kickstarter, to pay for space.
Ms Gore said she hopes to raise $6,000 to cover the cost of hiring a tattoo artist.
"I will make people happy or make them smile - either way that's what I'm supposed to do," Ms Gore said.

(Source: SBS)

No comments :

Post a Comment